Friday, September 30, 2011

Primer and Product

It's conference time once again and all are abuzz with busyness! Crazyness is the theme of the week but I haven't felt too stressed out thankfully. For this conference - The Time is Now with Bob Jones and Bobby Conner, Anthony Skinner and Amber Brooks - I am running the bookstore as a part of Catch the Fire USA. We just ordered new product and it arrived on Tuesday despite the lack of faith of Stacy. The new books are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! It's so exciting to have new things that hopefully people will want to purchase them! So with new books came the wonderful dilemma of where to put everything, and we are trying to make the bookstore a bit more attractive as well. Kathryn made a sketch for what we want it to look like and since we still have 3 days before the conference was to start we went out and bought shelves for the wall and paint to change the bookshelves from oak brown to chocolate/java brown. Yes, we were victorious and the bookstore went from piddly to chic and I am so proud!

One of the irritating issues of the project was the primer...I rather dislike the substance as it is much harder to wash off of ....everything; skin, laminate, etc. I somehow got the nasty stuff all the way up my thigh! What the heck. Kathryn's equivalent to paint thinner didn't really do much but thankfully I had picked up some Goo Gone at Walmart the other day and so you know now that it works on primer, on skin. Maybe I should write in to Tips from Eloise. As I was using it and the project seemed to be dragging on and on I kept thinking, "I will overcome. This primer will not defeat me." Not sure who really won in the end to be honest but the job is done and I'm quite proud. :D

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment