This week is my first ILSOM! ILSOMs (International Leaders School of Ministry) are a shortened and condensed version of the Core Value Month that I went through up in Toronto - which I can't believe was just a year ago! I'm here to help - run the bookstore, do registration, be on ministry team, etc. - but I'm also getting to take notes and get a refresher course at the same time which I'm thankful for. Getting ready for it was a bit hectic but now that I know what is involved, it is my hope that for the next event there will be a lot less procrastination.
Kathryn and I drove the whole 13hrs on Saturday night in hopes of beating some of the effects of Tropical Storm Lee. What a doozy! We were both glad we did it though because we were then able to attend the 11:00am service at the church where the ILSOM was going to be held. This way we were able to meet people and get a feel for the week and settle in a bit more.
Sunday was outstanding! We got into town completely famished, found a diner for breakfast, and put on some "church" clothes in the bathroom. We were still under dressed. The lovely Southern folks at Grace Outreach Bible Church were a bit decked out with the worship team dressed in African attire and all the ladies in skirts and dresses. Despite the sleep deprivation it was easy to see/feel the Spirit of God all over the place. The worship was incredible and Pastor Reuben and his wife, Linda, are very prophetic. Before we took the communion elements he started calling out words of knowledge and ministries to people in the church. Seeing healing was incredible and fun to be a part of.
Kathryn and I are staying with a lady named Rose who couldn't be more hospitable. She even gave up her bedroom for us! After naps we went out for Mexican where we were about to get our food and the storm caused the power went out! Several people were told their food wouldn't be able to be prepared but ours came out right then nice and hot! Thank you, Jesus! We were quite hungry by that point. After a movie on the couch with our host we hit the sack again and slept quite well. :)
Today Stacy spoke on the Power of the Cross, Duncan on our Oneness with Christ, Buck (from CTF Houston) on Hearing God's Voice, and Kate on Soaking. The hearts of the people here are so open and ready for everything God has to pour out. I'm excited to see all the breakthrough and transformation that is going to happen this week! PTL.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment