The time is now for so many things. Or at least it feels that way. The time is now for something to give way in my life. I so want it to be that time; this in-between time and waiting seems to be getting a little stuffy. The thing is what is the other book end? What is it that I'm waiting to happen? What is it that is going to completely revolutionize my life and jump start me into something cool? Ha.
We all experience the "in-between-ness" at some point or another though with varying degrees of feeling like we are in a barren wasteland of nothingness. Take high school for example. While hopefully not an entirely bad experience it is an in-between time that takes you from being a kid to being launched out into "the world" - or so some people call college. University is another, taking you from under your parents' roof to becoming more independent. For me I had the time between college and going to SOM and especially the time between SOM and moving to Raleigh where I felt very deeply the sense of "in-between-ness" and the ensuing antsy feeling of wanting to "get on with it".
During those times I at least had a vague knowledge of where I was going next, what I wanted to be doing/what I was going to be doing. Now I'm just confused because I'm getting that antsy feeling wanting something to break but not knowing what that is in the slightest. The time is now for revelation. The time is now for breakthrough in yet other areas in my life. The time is now for relationships...wow, do I need some. I don't want to get into avoidance and denial issues again neglecting what God is doing in my under the surface, but I need something (ie people) to help occupy some of this thought time...something other than work, preferably. Grace. Grace to the race horse. Grace.
But one thing I want to know is this: have I been in so many short-term training situations (high school, college, study abroad, SOM, interning) that I have no concept of "settling down"? When I get to that place will I know how to plant roots and call a place 'home'? Am I even supposed to have any? I love traveling (though not really moving). Will I always be on the move? I guess I did get a prophetic word about that but, praise God, He did promise a "home base". That's nice. It would be lovely to be "home" right now....wherever that is. Yet I kinda feel the time for that is yet to come.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment