This week in Greenville, MS has been wonderful. The people of Grace Outreach Bible Church have been so hospitable, welcoming, and encouraging. They have been such a blessing to us even as we have been ministering to them all week, and there has been such transformation. I love breakthrough! I love seeing God work because there is no way that man can do work in the heart like He can. We have made such good friends and been blessed in so many ways. Only God.
We got to eat at Doe's Eat Place on Wednesday which is a famous, old, and run-down restaurant. Kathryn and I share a filet and I must say it was THE best steak we've ever eaten. Several in our party said that they thought they had had steak before but after Doe's they realized they hadn't really eaten steak until they ate at Doe's. You know how a lot of times you have steak and it is a bit of a jaw work out? This was NOTHING like this. It was one of the most enjoyable steak experiences ever. :) If you're ever around Greenville on the Mississippi look into investing in a Doe's steak. It's worth it!
I've been learning to drive a manual car this week; talk about an adventure. Before leaving Raleigh, Kathryn took me to a parking lot and we spent 20 min practicing and then hit the road. haha. The past few days I've driven to church and I'm proud to say the number of stalls have decreased. I very much appreciate Kathryn's easy-teaching nature and I'm quite glad that I can laugh at myself rather than getting frustrated. So the next hurdle is to be able to mount the driveway without killing the engine. :) Getting better makes driving less stressful but I still think driving a stick shift takes too much concentration. Should be pretty good by the time I get back to NC.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment