Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vision Blockers

Thoughts taken from (and added to) a recent newsletter.... 

Lately I've been plowing through the issue of cloudy vision. Without clear vision we just go through life aimlessly and without true growth or direction. Our efforts are either misdirected and we end up somewhere completely different than what we thought we were aiming for, or are blocked and we find ourselves in relatively the same position as before. Either is a sad dilemma. I know I have definitely experienced both but at the moment for me it's more of the block. And it's not a block prohibiting forward movement in the natural but rather a hindrance in moving forward in the spiritual which THEN affects the natural as well. Everything is connected, ya know.

So what clouds our vision? Blocks our path? Inhibits us from seeing what is truly going on and then addressing the real problem? These are vital questions because, I believe, the enemy would love to have us running around wasting all our energy on something that isn't the REAL problem. If you address something not the issue then you'll never solve the real problem, you'll just have an answer for a question no one ever asked. And that would be sad.

So what blocks us? Well for my situation I found more than a few answers that all can fit in some way or combination. "Judging" was the first to be found. (It kind of came to me like a lightning bolt to the head....rather obvious, I guess.) When I judge others I block the way of mercy to come into my life (because mercy triumphs over judgment and you can't have mercy in the presence of judgment. You either walk in mercy OR you walk in judgment. No sitting on the fence on that one. And trust me, mercy is always better.). I need to get rid of my critical/judgmental eyes and thoughts before I can see clearly into what God is doing in my life and around me. 

"Fear", "Doubt", and "Unbelief" also blocks vision. When I have any of these spirits in me, my eyes have turned from being focused on God and are instead focused on them, my problems, or simply myself. As soon as I take my eyes and trust off God or look to Him through a filter of fear, doubt, and unbelief, any vision from Him (vision/direction that He gives me) also gets clouded with the fear, doubt, and unbelief, and the result is that confusion abounds. We then run around like chickens with our heads cut off on Doomsday unable to see what is going on and having no clue how to interpret what is going on. 

It's definitely time for "judging" and all it's buddies to hit the road, I do believe. I'd rather see clearly and tackle the real issues at hand head-on. So let's cut through the curtain (whatever guise it has on) which is most certainly based on pride, and learn to see in the Spirit with all clarity.

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment