...the produce business. I must say the only downside to my produce job is the looming question that comes to the forefront at the start of every Wednesday: what rotten produce am I going to be met with today? The pungent odors of mushy rotten and oddly colored tomatoes and red peppers and fuzzy squash and cucumbers are enough to make you forget you ever liked vegetables. Gross! Why must I deal with these, you ask? Well, the leftover produce from Saturday would be dealt with sooner but on Wednesdays, several people from church go down town and pass out food to those in a rough neighborhood. Go Local donates it's leftovers...after I sort through all the grossness of course. Looking at it and picking it out, yes, even touching it (with gloves) would not be too bad if I didn't have to smell it. But then on Fridays the cycle starts again and I am blessed to smell all the fresh new fruits and veg and Wednesdays are soon forgotten. Unless they make a good story.
...on the road bike. I know I have to apologize to my bike when I attach the air pump and the pressure gauge says 40psi! It's supposed to be 100 and if it gets as low as 40 you can tell I haven't been riding it in a very long time. So something came over me as I set out and instead of doing my normal ride on Buffoloe Road I turned and went... somewhere. Had no clue where I was going and finally came out on a busy road; not this biker's fave. I decided to go straight as to not merge on the traffic-ridden highway but soon realized it was a truck access road. Bummer. Back to the big road. I would have just gone back the way I came but with no car to trip the sensor I thought I'd give it a go and try to make a U-turn up the way. It eventually happened and I finally got back to where I started, but it was not a leisure, care-free ride by any means. Amazing how some cars give you a mile of space and others a foot. Guess it makes you work on riding in a straight line so you don't get mowed over by a dump truck. Ha.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment