Barry Adams came to speak on the Father Heart of God this past week which included the topics of forgiveness, the orphan spirit, identity, and the roles of mothers/fathers in relationships. He shared with us the Father's Love Letter video which you can watch here. It is a compilation of Bible verses and is touching and powerful. We went through releasing our parents from any past hurts and let Daddy God minister His love to us. Lots of tears all around and hearts touched for sure. I kinda went into the week hoping for this tidal wave of revelation and love to basically crush me into knowing - really knowing - the Father's love, buuuuutt it didn't really happen like that. Revelations came to me more in the form of multiple little light bulbs flashing on in my mind. I probably survive better this way. God is so good. Healing is definitely happening in my heart concerning my relationship with my dad which is very welcomed and I'm realizing the areas where I have given God faulty characteristics that don't belong to Him. He really is the perfect Father but I haven't fully grasped this yet.
At CBN this week Barry spoke on Fear and Freedom. The image was a lion caged in a zoo. God wants to free us from whatever is holding us back but often, like a prisoner who is finally released from prison, we don't know what freedom is or how to walk out in it. The unfamiliar scares us and we are apprehensive to actually come out of the cage that has held us so long. For me, no longer. I may have "sea legs" and be a bit wobbly at first but I choose to embrace the freedom that Christ granted me on the cross. I am free, and now I plan on walking out in that freedom. Hold me to it.
awsome you are free thanks to jesus
ReplyDelete