God knows our hearts, you know? My main prayer for the past few weeks and especially this last one going into the Mountain Mover conference was to know more of God's love, and not just to know it because I have known it all my life, but to understand it more and to truly have a heart change as a result. On both Thursday and Friday evenings someone prayed for me and word-for-word echoed my prayer to God. Isn't it amazing that He so intimately knows the desires of our hearts that He lets us know He knows? And more than that it shows that what we are asking for is the exact thing that He wants to give us. cool. And I'm learning never to be satisfied. If my God is infinite and He wants to give me all good things then His provision never runs dry and I'm determined to always say, "More, Lord."
Thursday I had the opportunity to go out to lunch with Amber and her mom who came up from PA; so nice to eat off campus for a change. John Arnott spoke in the afternoon and Johnny Enlow in the evening. Enlow is from Atlanta and wrote a book on the Seven Mountains of Influence (Ed, Gov, Media, Religion, Arts, Business, & something else). He spoke on how we most effectively affect change on these mountains - I recommend his books. I was on the ministry team again and after praying for people hung out with all the students who were getting affected by the Holy Spirit-so fun. Friday Heidi Baker spoke in the morning and evening sessions with Johnny in the afternoon. Heidi is amazing, she has such a pure heart for God's and is so simply passionate about intimacy with Him. I wasn't on ministry team that night but took part anyway; all those who hadn't felt like they knew the Father's love came to the front and we just gave them hugs and prayed for them. Such an opportunity to show God's love. Heidi also prayed for those called to the lost and those on the mountains of Arts, Education, and in the sciences.
Saturday = even better. Carol spoke on forgiveness in the morning. I could do this every week: continually in the presence of God; soaking in His love, peace, and joy; and seeing God touching so many people around me bringing breakthrough and restoration. Saturday nights mean fire tunnels often so in the pre-ministry time we of course had to practice so most of us were already Holy Spirit drunk before we even went into worship. It's really exciting for me since I don't typically manifest in the Spirit but I have been sensing more and more as we have been here. Worship was good and I was dancing in the back again when two guys came over and 'ambushed' me resulting in me on the floor for the remainder of the session. In spasms. I'm learning the difference between feeling with your brain and "feeling" with your spirit. So I was definitely ready to go when we were called to start the fire tunnels; so cool seeing the Spirit fall on others and seeing yourself being used as a vessel. The party for some of us continued til about 3am. So good.
More to come. Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment