We are only past the third day in this week's teaching of Healing Life's Hurts and so much has gone down. We've discussed the topics of the importance of inner healing, Forgiveness (you know 90% of our freedom from the junk in our life comes from forgiveness? from releasing those from whom we have taken offense? amazing, right?), Stony Hearts, Soul Ties, Judgments, Inner Vows, and Ungodly Beliefs (things that appear to be true and that we think are true but according to God's Word are totally false e.g. "I can never succeed" "I will always be alone" etc).
Again the revelation has come to me in spurts, which I am learning to appreciate because with all the crap we carry around, I don't think I would be able to handle it well in any bigger doses. Yesterday we also went through Walking in the Light, which is where in our small groups we confessed to each other things that we have kept hidden in our lives. When we confide in another and bring to light things that have been hidden, the power they have over our lives diminish incredibly. Today we went through a checklist of common UGB's (ungodly beliefs), repented, and established new godly beliefs to take their places. I have quite a few and I just checked off the ones on the list; who knows how many others are operating in my life! I still have a lot of processing to do in this area.
This week at the church there is a Partners in Harvest conference going on for pastors in "sister" church from all over the world. This afternoon there was an intern fair for us where some of the pastors told us about intern opportunities for us students when we finish school here. Some were from the area and others were in the States, the UK, and even one from China. Currently, I don't have plans for after "graduation" so hearing about these opportunities was really cool. Maybe there will be a door opening up to one of them, and maybe not, but this can at least get me thinking and dreaming. (Mom, keep your passport current)
And I'll end with a shout out to my wonderful roomies, Erin and Esther. Thanks for the awesome music and providing jams for our/my random dance parties. Lillian, I love you too and trust you are having a blast in Mozambique!
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment