Monday, October 4, 2010

Let's Go To Timmy's

First of all, I would like to make a shout out to the lovely and dear-to-my-heart, Julie Hanley, a faithful follower of this blog. Girl, I love you and it was fabulous to chat with you via Skype the other day. Thanks for keeping my brother (somewhat) inline. Can't wait to see you soon!

Last Monday we had off so six of us girls took the bus/subway downtown to do some sightseeing, I mean, shopping. It was a rather dreary day with rain sprinkling on us but we got to travel up and down Queen Street and visit a few shops. Some of us also went to Eaton Centre, a very nice shopping mall; a lovely experience. On movie night we got to watch the new Robin Hood movie. Tis a movie (aka not wholly realistic) but quite an enjoyable one, especially due to the attractive actor. :)

To pass the time on Saturday I learned the game of Munchkin which took about 2 hours, and then signed myself up to play a game of Axis and Allies, the extended and more involved version of Risk. That took about 3 hours before we left and went to dinner; I did not return to finish the game (sorry, Dale).

Recently we had the first installment of Staff v Student soccer. In utter honesty, the students have great room for improvement. It was a sad display of futbol for sure but hopefully we will get stronger and play better together as the time goes on. I heard rumors that the next game will be indoors, probably a good thing since it's getting colder. I am not a huge fan of 'cold' but I have determined not to complain about it this year. haha. Other fun things to fill the time we have off include walking to coffee shops as I have mentioned, painting or attempting to be creative in the Creative Room, and holding 'dance parties' in the lounges. More good things to come!
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment