Friday, October 29, 2010

For the Love

This Tuesday we were put in our first sermon groups (we will have two) and my first one will be on "The Cross". Sadly, I don't really remember signing up for that one, but I am excited to see what comes from it. Obviously, the cross is a big part of my life and has definitely shaped me into who I am, but at the moment there is no one big revelation about the event that I feel rocks me to the core. 

In hopes of stirring up ideas and revelation, I went to the "Come, HS" meeting at the church and started brainstorming- a fabulous atmosphere for getting into the flow. In scribbling down everything that came to mind about and surrounding the cross and why it is important and such and so, I made a discovery! Or a re-discovery, if you will: I love the book of Isaiah. Truly, it is my favorite. Lately I have been desiring more of the Love of God to be revealing in me and to me and that I might understand it better. Omg, Isaiah is such a book of the Father's love and it was so very refreshing to flip through and read all the underlining (which is a lot) and soak it in again. Let me share with you....

- Tell the righteous it will be well with them.
- I have heard your prayer and seen your tears.
- Your guilt is taken away and you sin atoned for. 
- God is with us.
- The Lord has established Zion, and in her His afflicted people will find refuge.
- Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, and He saved us.
- Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
- Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!
- I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you...I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
- Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
- I will go before you.
- I will not forget you!
- My unfailing love for you will not be shaken.
- You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace.
- Before they call I will answer, while they are still speaking, I will hear.


And so much more... be blessed. I leave you with a favorite:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment