Monday, October 11, 2010
Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!!
We had a three day weekend for the holiday which has been lovely. Saturday I was one of about seven people in the building and spent time journaling and making collages. Quite relaxing and needed. They did show some movies that night to provide a bit of entertainment for which we were grateful of course. Sunday, I went to church and then to a friend's grandparents' house near the lake. I had not realized just how much I was missing simple things such as neighborhoods, vibrantly colored trees, houses, and not industrial-styled buildings. O wow, it was glorious. The house was absolutely adorable as well and a short walk from a park with a trail down to the lake. We were in heaven. Then we had dinner....YUM!! Properly cooked food followed by desserts! Again, o wow, it was glorious. Definitely ate more than my stomach needed but it was delightful. My friends and I stayed up quite late chatting and still planned on waking up to walk to the lake for a magnificant sunrise. Two of us managed to get down there and, as is the case with all skyscapes, the pictures do not come anywhere close to doing the beauty of God justice (but then maybe that is because He works out of grace...lol nvm bad joke). That first pink light was spectacular over the water and I really wished our school were in Mississagua instead of by the airport. And then today for dinner we had steak! Big, fat, juicy, pink steak! ...and it was followed by dessert! And now I am back ready for a new week of good times and fun; it's going to be great because that is all that God can be. Love y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment