Life is good. Last week was rather busy: Monday afternoon (we did have the morning off which was nice) we had ministry team training in preparation for the conferance, Tuesday we were with Ivan and Isabel again which was good though hard to sit through three sessions that lasted all day when we had heard from them for four days the week prior, and Wednesday started the conferance craziness. All the students were assigned work duties and mine was a four hour shift in the Cafe which meant I had to wipe down the tables when people left and to vacuum when it closed after lunch. Kristyn was on duty with me, but there really wasn't enough work for two people for four hours so we had significant time chatting with friends on lunch break. Not too bad. One downside was that we missed most of the afternoon sessions. All students were also considered on the ministry team which meant that if there was a prayer time or an impartation time we were the pray-ers or catchers or ministers. So much fun to take part in such things.
Conferance= Signs & Wonders with speakers John and Carol Arnott- founding pastors of CTF, Wes Hall- from IHOP Kansas City, Randy Clark- was in here at the start of revival in '94, and Andres Bisonni- on-fire pastor from TX. There were tons of healings- back pain, Parkinson's, cartilage in knees, scoliosis, etc. One session Randy Clark showed a video where tons of people were healed and then spent the rest of the time hearing from people who were healed while watching it. He didn't even pray for anyone and the Holy Spirit touched so many; it was so cool! God works in so many awesome ways and He is so good to us. Two of my friends were healed of scoliosis this weekend which makes it even cooler.
Works of the heart were also in abundance this week. God is bringing a lot of stuff up in my heart and I can't wait for it to be completely dealt with. This week is "Father Heart" week. I am so excited; it's going to be hard, uncomfortable, snotty, and full of tears. And I'm banking on a lot of healing too. Next week is "Inner Healing" so after these two weeks, I should be an entirely new person! :)
Backtracking a bit, Saturday night was especially mindblowing. I was rather tired from working all week and always being in the conf. sessions, but before the night session God gave me a bit more pep in my step. Doing fire tunnels during the ministry team prayer time definitely helped too. haha. We were practicing for later that night because it is typical for us to do fire tunnels the last night of a conferance -Saturdays are the impartation days. This led into a great worship session led by Nicole Smith and then Wes Hall leading a healing/ministry/preaching time. I got to pray for pastors and students and others= so fun. The HS presence was so strong the whole night! Since it was rather late our pastor had us pray for each other and then released all of us because the ministry team had had a long week. We SoM'rs were a bit disappointed so we stuck around for a bit more of the HS. We thought about starting our own fire tunnels but instead we got caught up in learning more about being a "seer" from our prophetic friend Mark. He was teaching Jez to pass it on (principle of giving and receiving in play here). Jez' hands got super hot and had oil on them which he passed on...later I got it too! I have had glitter a few times but never oil so this was a really cool experience. Also it was encouraging Mark told me I was super sensitive to the Spirit even though I think I'm not. PTL. Everyone receives from the Spirit differently and manifests differently so it's important not to get discouraged when how I feel it (or don't) isn't like everyone else. That was one major lesson that was emphasized to me this week. Slowing but surely, I'll get it.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment