Saturday, September 11, 2010

Getting Off to a Good Start

One of the central parts of the school is small groups of 5-6 students with a leader. Mine is from Germany and a really sweet girl. She left me a note in my room before I arrived which said that while praying for me she saw God pulling out gold nuggets from a treasure box and handing me one after another! Also, as we came in there was a large mirror with a paper for each student hanging one it. The leaders had cut out magazines and written prophetic words on them for us, all before even meeting us. Mine had wonderful words like "cherished," "daughter," and "loved beyond imagination" on it. Best part? They glued a picture of a palm tree on it!! God is so cool.

The first week of class we were honored with teachings by Mark Virkler of Communion with God Ministries. The topic for the three days was Hearing the Voice of God. Foundamental, I believe, if you want to really go deeper (or anywhere) with God. We found that hearing the voice of God is as simple as 1. Quieting yourself down 2. Fixing your eyes on Jesus 3. Tuning to spontaneity and 4. Writing it down. Simple really. The voice of God is, in fact, spontaneous thought that light upon the mind. And we should all desire this and take the time to do so since as believers we are His sheep, and His sheep hear His voice. Revolutionary, right?

This coming week is Prophetic Week with Isabel and Ivan Allum! She came to my home church last December and gave me an awesome word so I'm really looking forward to what God gives all of us through her. Also, among the semester line up we have Peter & Heather Jackson, John & Carol Arnott, Chris DuPre, Mike Pilavachi, Steve Long, and others. Aaannnnd, we will be going to the Signs & Wonders Conference in a couple weeks and the Mountain Movers conference later on. Exciting.

Dorm life has been good. I was sort of worried because the last two years at college I was in a quasi-apartment, but my roomies are wonderful, we have a lovely bathroom, and I have a tree outside my window. We have worship every morning and every Thursday we have live worship that is broadcasted on CBN. So, tune in from 7-9pm EST. It's great and you can go to the chat room and send prayer requests or testimonies to us.

Friends are great. All the students here are wonderful and have such good hearts. The diversity is amazing and I'm loving all the accents. Maybe I'll have one when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment