With all the truth I have
I feel so far behind
Has it benefitted me at all
Or have I just thrown it to the ground
Have I discarded your word?
Have I passed you by?
May I climb that tree again
May I call your name in the streets
May I seek you with abandon
May I act a fool for you
'Til all my walls are puddles at your feet
....yet again
I feel so lost
Though you say you're beside me
You say you neve leave me
And I have the Comforter inside me
Do I just torment myself?
Have I yet learned anything from you?
Why have I let my hands be bound?
Where have I buried my heart?
How clogged are my ears?
Take the shades away from my eyes
And teach me the way of surrender
....yet again
Melt me, LORD
Soften me with love
Bathe me in your oil
Smother me in fragrance
Prepare me to be your Bride
Inside and out may I be transformed
You call me, 'Lovely,' may it be so
Let me be all you have dreamed I should be
May I see myself for how you made me
....yet again
No comments:
Post a Comment