Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Humbled by love

Yes, I traded the amazing and brightly beautiful 75 degree weather of Raleigh, North Carolina for the gloomy and barely 40 degree Toronto, Ontario. Meteorological circumstances aside, I couldn't be more thrilled to be here. When I contemplated coming it was basically to see my SOM family though I wondered how missed I could possibly have been since new people have since joined the school and life goes on. Flights today went fine and I plowed through a good portion of Ivan and Isabel's Your Destiny (fabulous) and the drive with Nathan and Stephan was pleasant as well. Wasn't quite sure what to expect walking in the doors but I was soon humbled (and blessed) by the reception. Probably stemming from some unresolved UGBs I really didn't think people would care that much that I was there - kinda like that awkward reception you get when you go back to your high school and no there cares or even knows who you are. But....People do know me and they doooo care! I am loved. What an exciting revelation. :) That I saw so many loved ones...ahh it makes my heart swell! I think I'm still in a bit of shock and my emotions haven't fully caught up to the situation. Am I truly seeing these amazing people that I have missed so dearly?! Oh wow, God you are amazing!

A fellow member of Team BABES who lives in Toronto is letting me stay at her house this week, which is wonderful and it has been delightful chatting with her, and already I have seen what an encouragement she is speaking into me and how I'm doing the same for her. Again, amazing. Just what we both needed. The week has just begun and excitement is an understatement for what I'm feeling toward it at the moment...especially with how things started off exponentially better than I could have imagined.

God is amazing!
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment