Greetings. So I have survived my first week as an intern. Honestly, it wasn't too bad. Thankfully I'm only there three days a week (plan being that I will have a job to fill the other days. please, keep praying about that one.) because it seemed quite easy to get "stuck" at the church. Monday I ended up staying there til 10ish cuz of a leadership meeting in the evening and I just didn't go home - it takes a while to get to and fro. omigoodness craziness! Anywho, a lot of the things I'm working on now are centered around a trip to South Africa and Mozambique that will be happening in July. If anyone would like to donate to my mission fund, perhaps I'd be able to go too! Or I might be able to go to England, Australia, or any other number of locations. Haven't been on a mission trip in a long time*...I think it's time to make my travels centered on something eternal.
Life in Raleigh: I know I just got here and I have met a lot of people but still I miss friends and family and our relationships, and because I haven't established any deep relationships yet it can be a bit lonely at times. And for some reason loneliness tends to lead to inactivity. :( I see that as a double negative there, but I'm making attempts at not settling into shutin behavior. For instance, I made another attempt at biking yesterday and it was substantially more successful than the first one, though it is an unfortunate fact that the wind tends to blow Northeast and therefore in my face the whole way home. haha, oh, bother. I need it though.
Burning was last night, a monthly 6hr worship set at CTF Raleigh. I was only there for about 4hr but it was good; my feet are a bit raw from dancing. :) We prophesied to the winds and called the prodigals home and blessed each direction. Amen, let it be so.
Picture of the week:
Peace.
*aside from Outreach with SOM. can't count that one out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment