Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tid Bits

Seems like a bullet point kind of day...
  • Raleigh is beautiful. Everytime I get to look at the gorgeous trees here, I get all happy inside. They are sooooo GREEEEN!!! God is beautiful.
  • Despite anything I may think is uncomfortable in life really isn't all that bad. My life is good. Because God is good. And He really is taking care of me. I know that. I choose to believe it too. Amen.
  • I'm back on the job hunt. I had a good interview last week and it went well but then I got one of those automated replies that said I wasn't going to be getting an offer. Bummer. Honestly, I think it was cuz I was a bit overqualified. Really I wouldn't mind working below my qualifications but nobody is giving me the time of day. grrr. I just need a job!
  • Due to being in the room when the schedule was being made, I was put on the Sunday schedule for painting during service on the 15th. Uhh...ok? I guess I have a little time to prepare for that...oh, except when I got the emailed schedule it had me down for the 1st. Haha, a bit different, I think. Why come to Raleigh? To get stretched. Check. Prayer answered. So, yesterday I painted during worship. It's the biggest I've done so far and it's not entirely done yet but I'll post a pic when I finish it. Also, when worship was over, someone came up and expressed interest in buying it!!! Whaaaattt....?!?! wow. that's all I have to say. :)
  • Mark your calendars, folks! Kat is going to be traveling to Mississippi for an ILSOM this September! I'll be going with Duncan and Kate and others to Greensville for the Leaders School, hopefully in preparation to go with them to Australia next January. (fingers crossed...in prayer of course!)
  • Tonight at the leaders monthly meeting I was mentioning to some of the women how I still need a job and a man perked up when I said I had a business degree and said he has about 8 openings for a certain position that need to be filled ASAP. Not sure it was exactly what I was looking for but sa-weet, I already applied, and hopefully I'll get back second base on this one.
  • You know, when I heard that Bin Laden had been shot, I actually felt compassion for the guy? Poor man; he didn't know his Father. Let's pray for our enemies more; maybe they can be converted to brothers, prayer is powerful.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment