Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday

Happy Saturday. For me, one without employment at the moment, these days are quite enjoyable; sleep in, get back in the grove of reading la Biblia, journal a bit, do some exercise videos, and look forward to a yummy bbq this evening with friends (or those who have the capacity of becoming friends). So, yeah, good day.

Last night was the May Burning set (six hours of worshipping our amazing God). I got there in the middle of the second set which is Soaking but they were doing fire tunnels which is always fun. I was to MC the last set 10:30-12am but I was looking forward to some who-cares-who-is-around-me-go-after-it-worship in the set prior. It was good, yet I spent most of the time in a completely different emotional state than I was expecting. Odd. There are some times when my spirit or soul is in a different place than those on stage and dispite their urging I know/feel I must work through whatever is going on inside of me in order to move forward/get healing/whatever. Last night was like this where I saw something which unexpectantly triggered something in me and I spent a lot of the night crying. "Better out than in," as Ash says. I hadn't thought the issue needed more processing at that specific moment - I was there to worship after all - but, Lord, if you have more healing for me, I will take it.

MCing with Hans was no big deal...the worship team was so good they just kept going the whole time so all I had to do was pray at the beginning. That's the mercy of God right there I'm sure...He knows I wasn't really in the condition to do much more than that. Ended the night with dancing and late night grub with friends. Can't wait for our BURNING CONFERENCE next month; it's going to be fantastic. Imagine a three day conference focused on worship with a six-hour worship set in the mix!! yeah, it's going to be good. Register and come to Raleigh! (http://www.ctfraleigh.com/) :)

Below is the painting that I started in church last Sunday and spent a good deal of yesterday completing. It is titled "Praise".
Think that was all I had for the moment...the profound comment component is running on energy-saver mode currently and therefore unavailable for this post. Blessings!!
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment