It has been two months to the day that I moved down to Raleigh - not all that sorry I'm not even there to celebrate the occasion. It is graduation time for Covenant Christian High School and my beautiful best friend, who also happens to be my sister, is graduating today!!! Amazingness is the theme of the moment and I couldn't be happier that I get to be a part of it all...wouldn't want it any other way. And like most big moments, this one has got me pondering other important or core things in life; like love, time, home, family...
Seeing as it is 2011, that would mean it has been a whopping four years since I graduated high school. Basically it seems like it was just last month and I can't believe where the time has gone and knowing that it has been so long makes me feel ancient. Yeah, I know, I know. It's only been four years...not a big deal. But am I where I thought I would be or where I wanted to be in four years? Well, honestly back then I think my brain was on the fritz and barely functioning after my exams and such and therefore was not thinking about much at all, but I would say I would've been mostly happy, or at least pleasantly impressed with my current situation. Life is good. As I was contemplating the "escape" of time one very good friend pointed out, "Well, look at all the things you have done in the past four years!" And this is not to slip into a doing/being debacle but honestly SOOOO much has happened in the past four year, it's really not like they are wasted years by any stretch of the imagination. PTL. He has blessed me so much! I've graduated college, lived in four different places, and traveled to nine different countries...I like the sound of all that! And that is just the topical boring stuff...to think of who I was back then and who I am now! God is faithful; that's all I have to say.
You know how they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder," or "you never know what you have til it's gone"? I typically despise these comments believing that whoever falls suspecible to making these statements true was never able to enjoy the blessings of life while they were in front of him. Well, nothing like moving away from your home and family to make you want to go back (for some people at least). Yes, Indiana is flat, Indiana isn't all that exciting, Indiana has ridiculous, crazy and unpredictable weather, Indiana is home. Life exists in Indiana, and that is where my family is. It's not all that bad and I'm very glad I got to visit. I love my home!
Once again I find myself eternally grateful for SOM. PTL for relationships. Just coming home for a short visit my heart is so happy and so full of love an joy; I'm so glad that I can enjoy relationship to such an extent. Thank you, God, for healing my heart up so much and enabling me to partake in such intimacy and joyful relationships. Before of course, I loved my family but showing any sort of emotion or love was limited and to be summed up in one word: awkward. Now...I LOVE THEM!!!! Yes, I'm a goofy sap and I will attack you with a hug. Everyone needs hugs. Hugs are amazing. And I mean REAL hugs. Not a side hug - which are good for those awkward strangers you don't really know yet - or a limpy good-to-see-you hug, but a real, front-on, I-LOVE-YOU-MAN hug! They are the best, and everyone needs one. They want one too even if they don't know it.
Someone the other day asked how I thought I had grown since my time in Raleigh. I think growing in all the above would be a good answer. Growing up is hard. Living on one's own is hard. Growth in itself is hard. But it is gooooood. So, yes I have grown. No need for getting scared that nothing has changed since I left....He is molding me and I am changing. Thank goodness. May the process continue and go deeper.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment