Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's Been Awhile...

...and a lot has happened. The day after Kristen's graduation I had to travel back to Raleigh though I would have much rather have stayed at home for a couple more days. On the road I was able to plow through the majority of Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis which I highly recommend. I hadn't read anything by Bell before this book but had seen quite a few of his Nooma videos, both of which carry his simple style holding a challenging message. He takes what you think you know, gives you more information about it that you haven't thought of before, and then asks, "What do you believe/think now?" So good. We are supposed to be continually changing and growing, not remaining stagnant in our thinking or beliefs, and Bell helps with his intellectual prodding. Delightful, I say.

Last week was conference week which was AWESOME! I think it's more than God showing up and doing amazing things, but rather it's that when you dedicate such time to the Lord you start to actually see and pay attention to what He is doing (trying to do) in and through us and we actually let it happen. There were miracles from the beginning of the week - when we had some leaders retreats - to the end during the BURNING Conference itself. A lady was able to walk/run again after 7 years, tons got set free from asthma and allergies, a shattered wrist was totally healed, etc.etc. Go God! There was some rockin' worship with Chris McClarney and Jonathan David Helser and our very own Carlos Rodriguez and Yuki Tanaka as well as some great speaking by John and Carol, Duncan, and Wes Hall.

I was kept busy by heading up the registration table and picking up catering orders which was fun. Since I'm still fairly new at my internship and I still don't have a job (Lord, help me!) being busy is refreshing for me. Crazy sounding, I know, but I love having something to do. Mom and Kristen were also in town and staying with me, so nice to see them again so soon. We didn't see much of each other since we were almost living at the church doing conference stuff, but I'm glad they got to come down, see where I live, and meet the fabulous people who are becoming my fourth family.

So now that the conference is over we get to start kicking into high gear our next one; a women's two day conference at the end of the month. Sa-weet. Hopefully all the interns will get to go to the beach one day next week and soak up some glorious sunshine and recharge for such madness. It's going to be a fantastic summer!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment