Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Amazement

How appropriate...the song playing via Pandora at the moment is "Amazed" and it is quite fitting. "Lord, I'm amazed by you. Lord, I'm amazed by you. Lord, I'm amazed by you and how you love me." Though all things change, He remains the same. Nice to know that my feet are set on a Rock that can't be moved; it makes the uncertain things in life seem bearable - because they are with this in mind. Amen.

So, what is the amazing bit? Time. I love how God isn't bound by it, obviously since He created it, and He can't be bound by anything. I enjoy pondering how God works in, through, around, and with time; mind boggling really. For example: if I pray now about someone who is sick but I don't know if they have died or have since been healed from the time I last heard an update on their condition, can my prayers still affect them? Can my prayers in the future still affect the past? Perhaps not a question for me to answer, but it's fun to think about because when your God is the god of the impossible...why not!

Along the same lines, I have been giving a bit more effort to the cause of dwelling on the Truth rather than circumstances which has brought me back to old prophecies I've received through the years. Ohmigoodness! ~Lord, I'm amazed by you~ Whether or not they were pertinent or impactful when I received them, I definitely need them now! And there is such a common theme amongst them proclaiming who God is, who I am in Him, and what He has called me to be!

So perhaps all those words were meant for the Kat in 2011 more than the Kat whenever the word was given. You know, it's kinda like the Bible...or at least shows that the God of the Bible is the God of Now in that the prophecies in the Bible were multi-level as well. I believe many of the OT prophecies had a fulfillment in the era in which they were spoken, a Messianic fulfillment, and then an eschatalogical fulfillment to come later. And who's to say that God doesn't do this on a personal level as well. I needed those words and directions when they were spoken over me, I need them now, and undoubtedly I'll need them later as well. Not to say that I am of the same importance as Jesus, but I am; He died for me, I am a co-heir with Him, and I am Daddy's favorite daughter so why wouldn't He give ME multi-level prophecies?! :)

Even more now I see why we need to be diligent in soaking in the prophetic words we receive and even committing them to memory so that they become a part of us and are allowed room to grow in our lives. So go dwell on some Truth today, and be amazed by Him once again.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment