Saturday, June 11, 2011

Embracing All Facets

1. "I can blog; I have thoughts!" ....name it.

2. People are great. I love people. Parties are fantastic fun. I like parties. Food is awesome. I love food. Serving is good. I enjoy serving. A combination of all four is killer though I'm finding - think I already knew - that to feel at ease and really enjoy my guests' company there needs to be a bit less than 18 people in attendance. I love you all really, but an intimate group of 4-6 sounds better to me. Games I can do but unless I'm in it you'll probably find I have escaped to the kitchen to find another random dish to clean or put away. Just sayin'. INTJ here. Notice the 'I'. It stands for "introvert", and that would be correct.

3. God is so patient and He does send answers. Amazing how easy it is to forget that "He causes ALL things to work together for our good." Why is that? This week He is wooing me back to Himself and has been sending me boatloads of encouragement, which I have needed. (thanks to my friend for multi-hour ministry sessions! lifesaver! :) There is no "He loves me, He loves me not" with God, no "He kinda liked me yesterday, but today not so much". None of that. He is the I AM that I AM, the never-changing one, therefore His love for you today is the same as His love for you when He couldn't wait to create you, which also happens to be the same love (and same amount of love, if there is such a measurement) as the love He has for His own Son. Try believing it today. And I'll do the same.

4. My cooking is amazing, or at least I think so. Tonight in efforts to do something creative with six zucchinis before they went south, I made roasted veggies with the zukes, yellow squash, red peppers, onion, garlic, and a few potatoes. Tossed them with some EVOO (thank you Rachel Ray), basil, oregano, salt, seasoned pepper, and seasoned salt and roasted them up. OMG, can you say, 'delish!'? Oh, yeah. And if your questioning the quantities, yes, I filled up two 9x13" pans with this amazing goodness and then wondered if I wasn't trying to feed a family of seven instead of just one. Good thing I like leftovers.

5. So is it gluttony if you overeat on roasted vegetables?

6. Rediscovering my love for Kelanie Gloeckler. I only have her "Bending to Hear the Secrets You Breathe" album on my iPod but listening to it is like a love affair with Jesus. And it's powerful, speaking into identity and destiny and all that good stuff. And it's great dance music...aka my kind of 'soaking'.

7. I have a feeling I ought to proofread more of my blog entries. My apologies for all the words that don't make sense, all the grammatical errors, and all the words that are misspelled. Had I bothered to reread the sentences I had so hurriedly typed, I would have perfected them, I promise; I love good grammar, but in most cases I would rather have you read what I have written than for me to read it again. :)

8. Can't believe we are almost to the middle of June! That means that my birthday is a month and a half away. So what is going to save me this year from having an "Ohmigoodness, I'm getting so old!" breakdown?! haha ok, I know I'm not that old, but still. Anyone want to come visit? Or maybe I'll come visit you for my bday and we can have a bash...??? Ok, cool. haha Praise God for an amazing and fun life!! And there is so much more to come!!

9. Freedom reigns in this place. Showers of mercy and grace. Falling on every face. There is freedom. Jesus reigns in this place.

10. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment