It fit then. It fits now. And serves as a good reminder.
So the storm has come. The sky threatens to devour me, and I stand here naked and exposed, all defenses long gone. LORD, I gave you my heart, you made it beat again. Was that my mistake? Cuz now I feel everything. WIll I be destroyed? WIll my new heart be crushed? Can I stand against the storm? Or will I be swept away numb?
LORD, I am weak. Not quite used to vulnerable. Can I trust you to care for me? Can I trust you to be there? You have brought me this far. Why would you stop now? You told me before; You will be faithful to complete me.
Don't let me long for Egypt. Don't let me build walls again. With callouses gone it's painful, but my stone heart is now flesh. You breathe on me once again. Life fills my lungs and I can sing. Disregarding discomfort I will declare only your Truth.
I am free. I'm your daughter. I'm alive and have a purpose. I am loved. I'm so beautiful. I'm a light that shines for you. I am healed. I'm your lover. I'm your most prized possession.
Your grace and your truth give me hope in this life. You have something better for me than all that I could imagine. No storm can uproot me, no wave knock me down. I'm grounded in my Savior's love. My Father's wings cover me.
I will shake off these chains that have crept up on me. I will dance off the cobwebs trying to cover me up. I take authority over my life. The enemy holds no stock in me. Jesus bought me back for good. Now fear is gone forever. I will not be timid or shy away. I'm as bold as a lion. The oxen's strength in my hands, I will plow up the fields no one has. I will lay the foundation for freedom.
You have called me to do great things. Don't let me get stuck in the mire. You have called me to be your warrior. I'll take my sword and fight with you.
~March 9, 2011
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment