Produce of the day includes a baby white eggplant and blueberries. Excitement at its fullest. Since we are talking about food, I can now add fish - trout specifically - to my cooking repertoire. Courtesy of my dear friend who fishes at Gulf Shores, I have had a good supply of fish for the past few weeks enabling me to not worry about buying meat. This last batch was made with rosemary and turned out absolutely delicious. However, after having it for the past week, I'm ready for a hamburger.
In other job-related news, I've been painting a house this week - much fun. A guy from church has a home repair business and is remodeling a house that had a tree fall on it from the tornado, and he hired me to paint with them. I rather enjoyed it. There's something about doing manual labor and sweating in a non-airconditioned house with a paint brush in hand that I find more enjoyable than staring at a flickering computer screen. Call me crazy. He might have other jobs for me coming up but with all the other job offers I've been getting (seriously!) I don't know how much I'll be able to do, sadly. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment