So many times I have heard and read and probably even spoken about how great and powerful forgiveness and inner healing are. Truly since learning of the Arnotts' teachings on these subjects I have been a strong believer and supporter. But you know there is a difference between believing in something and actually have experience in the area and having a story to back it up. Yes, I would be comfortable teaching on forgiveness; I have done quite a bit of it in my relatively short lifetime. Yes, I could give examples on how I've gotten freedom from it, but since the main people I have had to forgive are no longer in my life, I couldn't really say how the forgiveness process has helped the relationships even if they did help/heal my own heart. Heart healing = good. But having an outward manifestation would be awesome. Here comes the story, because I now have one!
The first stop on my fabulous Nashville getaway was to meet with my ministry friend. Basically we get together and let the Holy Spirit tell us what is going on with one another (heart issues we aren't aware of) and we pray through it, forgive, repent, and get freedom. The essence of quality time in my book. So I had some relationship junk to unpack and she most kindly helped me sort through it all. Tears, repentance, forgiveness, honoring, and speaking truth = a much lighter, happier, and encouraged me. Wasn't too excited about coming back to Raleigh to deal with the situation but when I faced it (with new peace and confidence) I was blown away by the change of circumstances. Outwardly nothing had happened but because I have chosen to walk in forgiveness and honor, my relationships have exponentially improved. I actually enjoyed them! Wow. How cool. And to really see that my attitude, albeit unspoken, directly affects the relationship dynamic. Crazy. Good to know I have the power to change things though I feel like shying away from taking responsibility for changing things most of the time. :) Don't we all.
Another cool thing happening is the job favor that is coming. An attitude of honor brings favor, I do believe. Yay! It has been three months here in Raleigh and I still don't have a "job" job. Things are getting pretty tight though at just the right times, people have been blessing me with money and things I need. Before I left for Nashville though I was approached with a couple job offers, two part-time gigs that can grow and one one-time job that could lead to others, all of which that would actually pay me! Exciting. Since getting back I've been approached about two other possible jobs and have been learning more about the previous three. God is amazing. I would love to start saving again, and tithing. Hallelujah.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment