Friday, July 22, 2011

Bless-ed be the Watermelon

Got to experience the wholesale farmers' market this morning at the way-too-early 6am. Ohmigoodness. And it wasn't all that exciting either. Good experience. Sweet farmers. Spotted some okra and it made me really want some and miss the BOL garden. Ned and I picked up some squash, zucchini, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and cabbage. As I washed the potatoes, Ned went to get peaches but instead came back with over 100 watermelons!! Oh, wow. Talk about a workout unloading all those suckers. We sorted everything today and trying to fit 12 different items around a watermelon that took up the majority of the tub was a challenge; but not one that would master us. I must say that is one good looking tub of produce. Very colorful with the green of cabbage and watermelon, red of tomatoes and bell pepper, orange of ...oranges, and yellow of squash and bananas. The business should boom after this week for sure. :) Oh, and mangoes! Who wouldn't want a mango! Now I have the fortunate problem of figuring out how to consume/deal with seven of this amazing fruit due to the fact I bought some earlier this week because they were on sale! Had no idea I would get more with Go Local. But you will not hear me complain about this predicament. No, sir. Looking forward to a week full of healthy and delicious eats!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment