Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reflection

This week I'm staying over with the Smith girls where I have been more immersed in Dr. Who and the lives of three dramatic and energitic teenage girls. Living as a part of another family has brought with it some interesting reflections and realizations...
1. As many say with babysitting, staying with teenagers could serve as a great birth control. Perhaps more should try it. Por lo menos, staying with someone else's kids makes one rethink the romantic notion of having his/her own kids. It's not all giggles and sunshine sorry to say.

2. Additionally, for one without kids staying with other's kids brings into clear sight just how difficult or weighty motherhood/parenthood is. Raising kids is not simple. It also makes me see that with the grace of God my mom did just a fantastic job helping shape me into who I am today...and I'm amazed she was able to help me turn out this good. Can't imagine what I would be like without her! Love you, Mom!

3. At the start of this temporary relocation I was looking for a nice reprieve from my own house, but living in someone else's home has made me realize in yet another way just how lovely my home back home is and how great my family is. God truly blessed me with just the one I needed. Makes me even more excited that I get to go home next week and see everyone!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment