So currently I am acting as a chat moderator for our weekly CBN broadcast. We run 7-9pm EST every Thursday and today I'm in the chatroom. Perhaps that means that I should not be typing up a new blog at the same time but.... :) Today has been quite fun. I was planning on running this morning but rolled over instead. No guilt. I did try to look decent today (meaning I didn't wear sweats and looked nice) but then I passed the auditorium which had a notice that said we would probably be getting sweaty during worship, sooooo I went back to my room and changed. Dale led worship; he doesn't play an instrument or sing and is our main sound guy. He played songs/mixed from his laptop and it was nuts...aka dance music the whole time...aka I spent 35 min going crazy...aka the way that worship is supposed to be! AWESOME! Guess I didn't need to go running this morning anyway.
This week we are looking into Church History with Gerry Plunkett. I've heard most of it before, but was really hoping to dive into the more recent revival movements. Hopefully we will get to that a good deal tomorrow. I do find it interesting how different groups got started and then how they transformed into something completely different. It's quite sad really what happens when people take moves of the Holy Spirit and then try to institutionalize it. It just doesn't work like that because soon you just have a spiritually dead legalistic group rather than a living moving Body of Christ. So, point of the story is stay alive! Always depend on the Holy Spirit; He is God after all.
Another highlight of the day was scrubbing the tiles on the wall in the kitchen during my Thursday afternoon duties. Hanging around the guys who were washing dishes made me miss my dear brother (shout out here. ha. Love you, Kyle!). Seriously, if the world was just inhabited by women, this would be an utterly depressing world. Guys make life interesting, help us females not take ourselves so seriously, and provide some humor. So today, ladies, appreciate the men around you in a new way and grant grace where it's needed. :)
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment