I love/loved my high school; by far the best academic experience of my life. It taught me a lot, not just about the course material, but about study skills, time management, and limits (not just in the mathematical sense). It still holds true that these were the four years of my life where I survived on the least amount of sleep, was the most stressed, crammed the most activities and responsibilities into my life, and had made some of the best memories than any other time to date. Granted, I am only 22. Seeing as it was such a formidable time in my life, I sometimes find it hard to believe that the experience wasn’t yesterday but four years ago. Wow, time flies, but thankfully I can say I am not the same person I was four years ago.
While at college I realized how much I was changing and here at SOM I find myself changing still; I hope to never get off this train. I think back to AP English with Mrs. Fields senior year, a class of mainly girls who were all a bit too concerned with the shape of the “inkblot on a paper.” We were all accused of being “eager beaver overachievers” and warned that we had our “wires wound a bit too tightly and better be careful because they were about to SNAP!” Boy, was she right though then I didn’t know any of other way of living.
Busy just comes so easy for me and is quite often a theme in my life so it doesn’t really come as any surprise that the word God has been telling me for several years now is “REST.” While I may not fully understand ‘rest’ I love it. The act of resting is absolutely amazing. Learning to understand that I don’t have to do anything in order to please God, I just have to be is quite liberating, a certain stress reliever. I used to always think of myself as an even-keel type of person, but there is such a difference in being chill on the outside and having a sense of peace and calm on the inside.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment