This past weekend was fantastic. The ride to Kalamazoo was a bit long and the two hour delay at the border didn't quite help. There was a lengthy line on the bridge and then my van had to go inside because the non-North Americans hadn't been stamped for the US on their way into Canada. We stopped for a delicious and nutritious lunch at Wendy's and made it to the church (New Day Community Church) around 7pm for some HOMEMADE lasagna! So much better than the pan-bought kind. Andrea and I stayed with a lady Carrie and her daughter Heather because we had the car and were able to drive wherever we needed...such a blessing. (this whole weekend had God's favor all of it...it's so fun when you look for it/expect it because He doesn't disappoint) We stayed up late talking about all things creative and life: inspiring.
In the morning I got to take a walk through the woods in the backyard before breakfast. I love nature. Carrie spoiled us every morning with the utmost deliciousness and sent us on our way. Saturday we were at the Iglesia, the building where they hold young adult meetings on Sunday nights close to the college campus. We learned about how God had given it to them, and we prayed/prophesied over it. After, we cleaned up some of the neighborhood and then went to the top of the hill overlooking the city and prayed over it-so awesome. With a little down time we were able to go through "downtown" a bit and look through some shops before going back to the Iglesia for the community cook out. I tried very hard to be social and mingle...still not easy. :)
Sunday Olivia and I had the opportunity of preaching at New Day. I spoke in the first service about The Cross. The Holy Spirit was definitely with me, it went a lot better than I thought though I listened to the recording of it and I have a few speaking tendencies that could be worked out. lol. Olivia spoke on "Hearts of Stone" which was quite good as well and at the end of each service our team prayed for anyone who wanted it. Words are flowing a lot easier now which is exciting, thanks Daddy. This was probably one of the main highlights of the trip for me.
We were at the Iglesia again Sunday evening and HS was there noticeably even before worship started, which was powerful too. People got up to dance which we were told never happens and there was a sense of freedom or that God wanted to bring freedom to people's lives. Joe gave his testimony and we prayed for anyone afterward. The drive home Monday was long and rather uneventful. The DVD player in our van went out halfway through the movie which was upsetting to those in the back who could see it. There were ZERO cars on the bridge at the border and only about 4 cars at the check point and the guy just let us through! PTL x 100! So awesome! We made it back in time for dinner (not sure if that is a good or bad thing) and were happy to get out of the car. Wonderful weekend, can't wait to see what our full outreach holds!
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment