Monday, October 6, 2014

God loves me and I love the sunshine

Planning a trip to England I did realize it would be rather futile and foolish to think there could be even a possibility of a chance of not seeing rain. I therefore planned accordingly, or as much as one can having never visited the climate. I packed an umbrella, a poncho (should I decide to completely not care about looking like a tourist), and a raincoat. I also thanked God for the amazing weather that I was going to have whilst touring Britannia.

While I/we have definitely seen rain during the past three weeks including an entire day of getting wet in Edinburgh, God has really blessed me/us with incredible weather. On more than one occasion at the start of my trip I was told, "This is really amazing. You are seeing great weather. It's typically not like this at all!" Cardiff was sunny and warm. Bath was overcast but not rainy. Caerleon was the same but also gorgeous. I saw one ominous cloud in Abergavenny but it quickly passed over the sun and was gone. Winchester was lovely and Newcastle too. Our first day in Edinburgh was perfect though slightly on the chilly side and the second was cold and wet. There was another day of rain in the mix of all that but I think my memory has suppressed that. And today though it was raining as we were driving from Belfast to our current spot, it cleared up into a radiant sky with only the happy white clouds. Incredible. 

I.Love.Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment