Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bienvenido a Espana!

Welcome to Spain! After three flights in one day from Belfast to London to Lisbon to Seville plus the last one being delayed and miscommunication on the pick up, I made it! My hosts are amazing - it's a long story but I didn't know them prior to this and they have so graciously welcomed me into their home at the request of some of our fabulous mutual friends. Yesterday morning they asked if I wanted coffee and figuring I'd take a risk that they didn't use the same instant coffee that is quite prevalent in the UK, I said yes. Not only was it real coffee but they topped it with hot frothy milk and cinnamon. omg. I was so excited. I have been feeling that this visit to Sevilla will be redemptive in some ways; the people are different, I'll be touring with my best friend, I don't have to take classes or work, we're staying with awesome Christians, aannnnddd this go-round I actually like coffee and can truly enjoy when they offer me fresh coffee with hot, steamed milk! Yes, totally redemptive. Thank you, Jesus.

One thing I have been learning (through experience for sure) the past couple weeks is true hospitality. Wowzers, have we been blessed by incredible people opening up their homes with no complaint and being so accommodating to their American tourist boarders. They have made sure we've seen, tasted, and experienced what makes their corner of the world special and unique, and above all have made us feel welcome and loved. I'm amazed and now deeply convicted regarding my apparent lack of hospitality skills. My apologies to all my friends who have stayed with me! Next time I promise to be much better.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment