Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Honor

This week we have Peter and Heather Jackson, the foundering directors of SOM, with us teaching about the Glory of Sonship which can also be called from Shame to Honor. Interesting that we are learning about Honor after we have already had our guys' and girls' honoring days. For me this is actually a good thing because it will hopefully solidify the revelations and lessons I was learning last week - bringing some logic to the feelings and such. 

As previously written last Monday was guys' honoring which was one of the most enjoyable days of my life. The whole day I was wishing I could just do so much more so that the guys would realize just how special and loved they are, by us and by Daddy. The Tuesday after wasn't all that fun though. First I was physically drained and since I had nothing else to work for my emotions started to come forward and demand the attention that they weren't receiving otherwise. The whole day I struggled with the entire idea of honor which you would've thought I understood considering the day prior. The main issue was the frightening thought that with guys' honoring over all I had to look forward to was Saturday....girls' honoring. It absolutely terrified me at the thought of an entire day dedicated to guys being sweet on me. And the thought that it scared me scared me. But really when was the last time you were honored? Truly honored? I'm guessing not too recently for most of us which isn't right of course, but even that which isn't right often becomes habit. 

Soooo I spent the whole soaking time wrestling with this issue (yes, I was actually awake for the entire session which was a first for me) and God showed me how being able to receive honor from others is in the same vein as receiving love from Him (and others too). If I don't open up my heart - my whole heart - to the love He is pouring in, and I keep part of it closed off because of self-protection or whatever you want to call it, well then that part won't ever be affected by that love. If your heart is closed, nothing's going to get in and touch it. Duh. In terms of self-protection I guess that's a good thing but what people don't really understand is that if you block your heart for fear of the bad, your heart is also blocked off to the good. So keeping the heart closed is a huge block against God's love coming in. And if I can't receive the love of God, then how on earth will I be able to receive the love and honor of others? And how did this faulty system come into my life in the first place? Do I not have any experience in receiving love and honor that it freaks me out this much? 

Of course I have received love and honor in my life....lots of it, but it goes back to what I said, if there is even one part of the heart blocked, the heart is going to be part dead and unaffected by the love coming in. So open up your heart in its entirety to Papa and let Him completely saturate it with His healing love so that you may also receive the love, honor, and affection of others. :) For me, the rest of the week was about repairing and preparing and as you can read below, Saturday was INCREDIBLE and tons of fun. Life is a journey, don't forget to take pit stops and learn something new along the way.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment