This semester the School of Revival is offering a class on creativity offered by Lise, the amazingly talented artist from Holland who studied in Australia and also went to the school of ministry in Toronto - very international, right. There is so much inside me that would love a creative outlet, I just don't feel like I have the talent or means to let it out. Thought this might be a good opportunity to give it a try. So far we've just done collaged journaling which has been fun but the painting and other mediums are to come which I'm also excited about. Today after church and "family lunch" (the now-preferred term as opposed to "potluck" and the trying-to-be-less-superstitious "pot-blessing" which just sounds wrong) we had a creative workshop where Lise shared and then we got to paint on little canvases whatever we wanted. Fun. Fun.
Definitely more to share in this area as I develop new skills and dive deeper into all the treasures that are lying within me just waiting to be uncovered, dusted off and used. I would love to become better at painting and to see a greater release in song-writing/poems/written and spoken words. Guess I should start doing my homework and practicing! :)
It's a year of release. Forget the hinderances that once kept you down, the false barriers that you've placed around yourself, the insecurities and fears of messing up or looking foolish. Now's the time to let the Real You out and let 'em shine. As the quote goes, "there is only one of you; why waste time trying to be someone else?" The world needs each person's unique flavor to come forth. Each of us bring a revelation of God to the world, so without yours we are lacking something. Forget the criticisms of the past: be you, and shine true. Release yourself to be real, to be free, and even, to be wild!! It's definitely more exciting that way.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment