Friday, February 3, 2012

New Year & New Things

Think it's about time I stopped neglecting my blog. Wow, it's been a while, and there is so much to say. Since the close of last year, which was wonderful by the way, I've been feeling that this year, 2012, is one of unfathomable greatness. My spirit can sense that this year is one of immense blessing, favor, and fun. God has something big up His sleeves this year for me, for His kids, for the church. All I can say is it's going to be awesome and I'm really looking forward to it. So, yes, new year = new things. Look forward to it.


Now I'm not really one for making resolutions but to start off this new year right, I decided that for me it would be a year to be good to myself. How much of our time is spent being negative about ourselves or looking down on ourselves or voicing negative thoughts about ourselves? In such a critical and judgmental society it is so easy to except such thought patterns and then just be perpetually negative. So I've decided that it is about time that I treat myself better....This is a year I want to fully become the person I really want to be and in order to be that person the negativity has got to go. Might as well be nice to yourself if you have to live with yourself all the time, right? Yeah, I think so.


Taking ideas and putting actions to it I moved into a new apartment that is significantly closer to one of my jobs, overlooks a lake, and has a jogging trail right in my backyard. Lets kill several birds with one stone, shall we? Now I can save time, gas, and get healthier all at the same time. :) yay. I would say that is a good start to being good to myself, wouldn't you?


So here is to a year full of good things, tons of excitement, and new things!


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment