Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Testimonies and Trials

Aqui estoy en Raleigh. So here I am in Raleigh! I finally made it. haha. After two months of thinking this was so far in the future it was hard to contemplate, here I am. I got in on Monday, this week is supposed to be for settling in and finding a job, and next week I start out at the church. I still feel in flux which is difficult but again and again I come back to the place of knowing who I am and who God is and how faithful He is to me every moment.

Testimonies: In between Toronto and Raleigh I had two months to recoop, gather a few required items, and plan for a new adventure. The major item was a car and later, with the crash of my own, a laptop was added to the list as well as funds to cover such things. It came down to two weeks before and not much progress had been made so I kicked it into gear and actually started looking. Before it was kinda hoping that God would drop one in my lap. Through talking with others I got in touch with an awesome guy. Talked with him Monday and went out to the car auction to look around. He bought a car for me Tuesday and I picked it up on Wednesday, the day Larry had said would be our "deadline" for a car. God, you are so good! How He works things out just amazes me and makes me laugh.

I still needed a laptop but didn't really cosider it vital to existence and wasn't ready to pay for one either. My funds are depleted and I still have a loan to pay off and will have to start paying rent here soon. Went out with a friend and chatted and later that night she called and said if I wanted it I could have her dad's old, but hardly used laptop that he wasn't ever going to. What?! Sweet. So that is what I'm using now. It's basic and I might look for and upgrade later, but it gets internet and it has Word. What else could I need? Besides a webcam to skype friends....and iTunes.... :)

Another big praise is that I'm here. The drive was pretty easy and though MapQuest said it would be a bit over 11 hours I made it in a little over 10, which is awesome. Listened to a couple of teaching CDs and chatted with friends, and even received a phone call from my brother! Not a bad trip. Went to bed early and got about 11 hours to make up for it all. haha.

Trials: First things is in my head. With all the things coming up in my life that I need provision for it is so easy to get into the mindset that I have to do something about it and make everything work out. But as I listened to Joyce Meyer on the drive down, "Nothing is possible with man" and until we realize that we can't come to the conclusion that "everything is possible with God." *sigh* Why is it so easy to get downtrodden forgetting who I am and the authority I carry and the fact that God is my Father and wants to bless me every moment of my life? Why is it so easy to not believe all this? So already over the past few days I have to constantly come back to the place of trusting God and remaining in His peace.

Number two is I need a job. Not the most favorite activity I must say. It is so much easier if you know people but I did just move down here. I have applied at a handful of places so please pray for wisdom, direction, and success.

Um, the lovely car I mentioned above, which was awesome on the mountains in West Virgina (probably because it's half the size of a minivan!) and is supposed to get great gas mileage popped up with the check engine light today. Not the sight one wants to see. I'm declaring healing, but will also be researching where to take it to check it out. I know not too much about cars.

I know it has only been a few days but I really need to feel connected here, which is why I am really looking forward to church Sunday and work on Monday. Need to build up the social life a bit cuz I am feeling a bit lonely. And I need a job so I have something else to do with my time. :)

Can't wait for the trials to turn into testimonies! Stay tuned.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment