~~~Another traveling testimony...Upon getting back to Toronto from Finland I still had no definite way of getting home (no plane tickets yet purchased). I looked them up and they were about $900 so that was a no go. I then proceeded to make other plans with some girls driving through my area. Their plans fell through 3 days later and weren't going so I now had 2 days to figure out plans before I got kicked out of the building with all my stuff. I asked two Americans who drive my way for a ride. One was a possibility but that fell through graduation night. So we're supposed to be having an after party and I have 15 hours to figure out what I'm going to do. A thought was to bus to Buffalo and get a cheaper flight but the issue was I drove to TO so I had more than the allowed limit for a plane. Grr. Wow, was I on the fritz. Finally I was resigned to drive home with my friend, Amber (from PA) and figure out what next when I got there. Eventually I got a plane ticket and shipped some of my stuff and flew out Saturday. God is so good. I needed that extra day with at least one person from school to ease me back into "real" culture, but I really didn't need all the emotional turmoil figuring out a way home while going through the duress of leaving about 60 of the most amazing people I've ever gotten close to.
~~~Good-byes at SOM were ridiculously hard and a completely new experience. I have never been that close to that many people (due to heart issues that kept everyone away). These people have been a huge part of my life, my growth, and now my heart. Tears were flowing, and it was hard being one of the first to leave. Ahh...I need more time with them!
~~~HOME: first week was terrible. Since I have recognized this as a bit of a recooperation time, I took it easy the rest week, but that meant that I was at home all by myself. Partly good, but majorly awful...I don't have roommates or room neighbors with whom to bounce emotions off or hang out or discuss God. Talk about suck. Relationship are a good thing. This is what I have found. Finally. :)
~~~What now? The question of the century for sure. Well, the supporters to the idea that I stay in Indianapolis can certainly come up with things for me to do. Amazing, I wonder where they were last summer when I need time-occupiers? Oh, well. This just goes to show that God will take care of me and bless me no matter where I stay or go. There were opportunities in TO, there are opportunities here, but I don't feel led to live in either place at the moment. And part of me doesn't want to anyway. Currently I'm looking to intern at CTF Raleigh so we'll see how God is moving His hand in that.
~~~Faithfulness. This is what I've asked God to show me and He has been faithful to do so. :) haha. And even still there are wonderful opportunities for Him to come through for me. I'm sure I will never run out of ways I need Him to rescue me or provide for me or love me. I'm so glad that I serve a God who desired to do all these things for me before I needed them. yay. So now I need a job when I get to Raleigh and I need a car to get me there. Can't wait to see how this pans out. I'm expecting a good story.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment